Located close by the Brussels South station, this complex is made of two distinct assets, a 7-storey office building dating from 1955 and fully renovated in 2003, and a modern mixed-use construction built in 2004, combining offices and warehousing accommodations.
The complex, called ‘The Rails’, is currently fully occupied by YPTO (SNCB IT subsidiary) and by Proximus. The parcel hosting the scheme is very well located at the entrance of Brussels. It benefits from a large current and future potential regarding the future needs of the neighbourhood.
BNP Paribas Real Estate Belgium advised HANSAINVEST Real Assets, owner of the complex for many years, during the sale process. The new owner is the Brussels development agency, citydev.brussels. Citydev will continue operating the assets before envisaging a whole redevelopment, which will depend on the future needs and requests from the capitals’ population and from the local industry.