When they merged in the year 2000, BNP and Paribas each had some property subsidiaries, including some held for over 30 years.
Most of these companies were very quickly structured into a single property department, which became BNP Paribas Immobilier in 2001 and then BNP Paribas Real Estate in 2009.
Business was at the time focused on France and on three main business lines, i.e. Property Development, Property Management and Investment Management [SCPIs, regulated commercial or residential rental property investment companies].
BNP Paribas Real Estate Belgium, which was set up in 1990, is a key player on the office real estate market in Belgium. BNP Paribas Real Estate offers a full range of integrated commercial real estate services (Transaction, Valuation, Consulting, Property Management and Investment Management)
In 2008, BNP Paribas Real Estate acquired Aberdeen Property Investors Belgium.
BNP Paribas Real Estate Belgium is the market reference in Property Management with more than 2.500.000 sqm under management
International expansion and the development of property services
The acquisition of Atisreal in 2004 made it possible to:
- Develop property services (into Transactions, Consultancy and Valuation)
- Acquire a European dimension in order to be able to meet requirements connected to the internationalisation of clients' property strategies.
At the time, Atisreal was present in six countries:
- The United Kingdom since 1860 (formerly Weatherall, Green and Smith)
- France since 1922 (formerly Auguste Thouard)
- Germany since 1958 (formerly Müller)
- Spain, Belgium and Luxembourg since 1996.
Since then, BNP Paribas Real Estate has become established in new countries via:
Directly owned offices:
- 2005: Italy
- 2006: Ireland and Jersey
- 2008: Gulf countries and Romania
- 2010: Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary
- 2013: Netherlands
And building a network of Alliances with partner companies.
At this time, BNP Paribas Real Estate is consequently in a position to offer you support in 37 countries.
The switch to a single brand - BNP Paribas Real Estate
Given their varying origins, BNP Paribas Real Estate companies were previously presented to clients under various trading names, such as Atisreal, Meunier, Comadim, Antin Vendôme, and so on.Since 2009, for the sake of rationalisation and simplification, these names have given way to the single BNP Paribas Real Estate brand